CAULIFLOWER/BROCOLLI CRUST PIZZA
by Natasha Shakireen Binte Osman, Dine Inn Host
Unlike the usual pizza base made with flour, which is high in carbohydrates, Natasha has created a healthier version using cauliflower or broccoli. Not only is it healthy, the pizza crust is also easy to make. Throw on your favourite pizza toppings, bake it in the oven and you can enjoy a no-guilt treat!
Cooking time: 30mins
3 cups of broccoli or cauliflower
¼ cup of Parmesan cheese
¼ cup of Mozzarella cheese
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Grind broccoli or cauliflower in a food processor or shred with grater.
4. Place the grated broccoli or cauliflower into a bowl; cover it with plastic wrap and microwave for 2 minutes. (You can also choose to steam it.)
5. Drain the broccoli or cauliflower with a clean cloth to remove the excess liquid from the vegetables. You should be left with a ‘ball’ of broccoli or cauliflower.
6. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli or cauliflower with egg, cheese, salt and pepper and mix well.
7. Shape the dough into a pizza crust and bake for 10 minutes or until it turns slightly brown.
8. Remove the crust from the oven and add your toppings of choice before baking for another 10 minutes.
9. Let it cool before serving.
If you would like to check out more of Shakireen’s dishes, she hosts guests through the Dine Inn platform.